Chronicles Of A Chic Traveler 1



Dubai, Part 1
 The Middle East Has always held fascination with me ever since I was a child, listening wide eyed to the stories featured in One Thousand and One Nights. I don’t even know for certain if Dubai was ever mentioned but it was the very first place in the Middle East that I had set out to visit.
As a woman traveling alone, I know it would be hard to go anywhere in the rest of the UAE but Dubai is friendly to most travelers. Grabbing the first chance I got, I planned my vacation to Dubai  I figured that it would take me at least 2 weeks to really enjoy the city but since I also wanted to visit other places, I'd cut the trip by half. The best deals I found in a website selling vacation packages that included tours and hotel stays for 5 nights and 6 days.
 Day 1
The long-haul flight was tiresome but I quickly forgot about it the moment I had a glimpse of the beauty of Dubai  The tall buildings and impressive structures are a far cry from what I would have imagined of the city as a child. It was not full of mosques and minarets but of contemporary structures. I was also impressed by the modern airport terminal.
As much as I wanted to stay at the Burj al-Arab, budget restrictions forced me to stay at the Panorama Grand Hotel. Surely it was a far cry from the Burj but I didn't let that take the joy from the trip or from visiting this world-famous resort. I visited the Burj al-Arab that very night since the tours I joined won't start until the second day. I had my dinner at their grand restaurant since only those with reservations were admitted.
 Day 2
I woke up so early in my excitement that I was already dressed at 5 am. Breakfast was a joy but it paled in comparison to the richness that I was about to enjoy in the attractions of Dubai  Though the city landmarks were quite impressive, it was the camel ride into the desert later in the afternoon that made my day. I made sure to take lots of pictures of the beautiful dunes and the red sand of the desert. Others in the tour group were also kind enough to take pictures of me riding on the camel. Note to self: bring a vacation buddy next time. If that buddy had been a guy, he’d surely love the belly dancing that we watched later that evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Car Auctions Make Record Sales

Futuristic SuperYachts by Blohm and Voss

Explore The World With Luxury Yacht Charters