Ghana Travel




Ghanais truly a beautiful country that is located inWest Africa. If there is one thing I know for a fact aboutGhanais that this country is rich in history, culture and undefiled nature! Traveling toGhanais an experience that you are sure to remember for a long time – I know I do!
From my experience, Ghanaians are warm and friendly people, there are also quite curious to know about your life and to tell you about theirs. When you walk on the streets ofGhana’s capital,Accra, you will feel as though, you are in a really big outdoor market as you are sure to see hawkers selling their wares off the top of their heads.
During myGhanatravel, I visited a lot of sites, but the tourist attraction that would ever remain fresh in my mind is the Slave Castles. In the past, these castles were used as slave stops. I took a guided tour and said to myself, why anyone would ever think that it was cool to own another human being is beyond me.
Free Advice
On myGhanatravel, I noticed a lot of things that would love to share with anyone who may have plans of traveling toGhanasomeday.
Although Ghanaians are very friendly and warm, it is important that you understand that westerners are viewed as being quite wealthy than they actually are. Due to this, I found myself in situations where the locals tried (and succeeded) to con me into giving them money. I also learned a valuable lesson; even your buddies may attempt to guilt you into loosening the purse strings. Hey, I did not take it personal (neither should you) just try instead to see things from their own perspective.
If you are a woman traveling to Ghana alone it would be a really good idea to tell the people you meet on your Ghana travel that you are married, even if you are single, as advances and even proposals from Ghanaian males are actually more common than you may think – my single female travel-buddy from New York City got about 20 marriage proposals!
Another thing I learned on my Ghana travel was how to bargain. The locals usually charge higher when they know that you are a foreigner, so I had to learn from my Ghanaian pal, Kwesi, how to beat the price down. As soon as learned how to haggle, I got to save a few Cedis (the local currency) in the process – yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Car Auctions Make Record Sales

Futuristic SuperYachts by Blohm and Voss

Explore The World With Luxury Yacht Charters