Chronicles Of A Chic Traveler 2



Dubai, Part 2
 Day 3
No guided tour but I woke up early so I can eat breakfast at the earliest time and be off to explore the city. I set out to the downtown area. Though the malls opened at 10 am, I wanted to visit the attractions early. I wasn't in much of a hurry so I strolled the streets until it was time to head to Dubai Mall. It was quite impressive. I got lost a couple of times inside the mall. You can’t really fault me as this is the largest mall in the world! I figured since it was right by the Burj Khalifah, I just had to visit the world’s tallest building, too. The views from the view deck were amazing but I wish the deck was at the topmost floor. That would have been perfect!
By evening, my tour group reunited for a beautiful Dhow Cruise dinner along Dubai Creek. The river was really beautiful. The shows were also fantastic. At the end of the cruise, I was full – from the food and music.
 Day 4
We went to Abu Dhabi For a full day tour. It was as impressive as Dubai  with tall buildings all around. Our tour brought us to Abu Dhabi Mall which wasn't quite as big as Dubai Mall but I did find some fantastic mementos of the UAE to bring back home. We also got to see the white looming structure of Sheikh Zayed Mosque. We weren't allowed to go in, though. A little too soon, the tour had to end and we went back to Dubai.
I went back to Dubai Mall to visit the world-famous Dubai Fountain said to be the largest dancing fountain in the world. It was awesome. Words can’t describe exactly how amazing the show was – you have to be there and see for yourself.
 Day 5
The trip was almost at its end but I felt invigorated still. It was another free day so I decided it was great for some desert tours and shopping. I’ve always dreamed of riding a hot air balloon so I bought tickets for one. I was lucky the day was bit cloudy but not the rain clouds kind of cloudy. I was glad I woke up really early as the tour operator said the dunes were perfect at the early hours of the day. The sunlight bouncing off their desert gave it a yellowish hue but it was red still. It was just sort of golden red.
The rest of the day I was at the Mall of the Emirates. It wasn’t as large as Dubai Mall but I tell you I wasn’t able to completely tour this massive complex even when I was there right when it opened at 10.
 Day 6
Well, there really was not much to do since my flight was in mid-morning. As I stood at the entrance to the plane, I inhaled my last breath of Dubai air and silently said “Goodbye, I will be back”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Car Auctions Make Record Sales

Futuristic SuperYachts by Blohm and Voss

Explore The World With Luxury Yacht Charters